DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT KASPERSKY ACADEMY.KASPERSKY.COM
DATA CONTROLLER INFORMATION
AO Kaspersky Lab, located at address: 39A/3 Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow 125212, Russian Federation (“Kaspersky”, “Kaspersky Lab”, “KL” or “we”)
If you have any questions or comments regarding the processing of your personal information, about Kaspersky Lab's privacy practices or if you would like us to update information or preferences you provided to us, please contact our Data Protection Officer - https://support.kaspersky.com/general/privacy.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data relates to a natural person who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by applicable legislation.
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Marketing and service information.
THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
We process the following categories of your data:
- Email address
- Static IP address
We have obtained your personal data from you directly.
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data:
- Consent of the data subject.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data as follows:
- Within the Group of Companies Kaspersky Lab with strict access policy rights.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
The personal data provided by users to Kaspersky Lab can be processed in the following countries, including countries outside European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) which have not been deemed to have an adequate level of data protection by the European Commission: EEA: Germany, Netherlands, France, United Kingdom; non-EEA: Switzerland, Canada, Singapore, Russia, Japan, USA, Mexico, China, Azerbaijan. According to our general business practice, the data received from users in the EU are processed on servers located in the EU and Russia.
Kaspersky Lab has taken appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in accordance with security and privacy best practices, including, utilizing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between its group companies, which requires all group companies to protect personal information being processed from the EEA to an equivalent standard to that required under EU data protection law. Where we share your personal data with a third party service provider outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland (as detailed in the section entitled “Sharing your information”), we contractually oblige the third party service provider to implement adequate safeguards to protect your information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your personal data for a period of 4 years from the moment the form application was submitted.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use automated decision making at Kaspersky Academy.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Also we inform you that you have certain rights regarding the personal data we maintain about you:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights.
- Right of access. You have the right to request information about how we use your personal data. In addition, you can request to receive a copy of the Personal Data we process about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Right to rectification. Request correction of the personal data that we process about you.
- Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten). This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason, such as statutory retention periods, for us continuing to process it.
- Right of restriction of processing. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it
- Right to data portability. You may request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to object. You may object at any time to our processing of your personal data when such processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- Right to withdraw data protection consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our Site. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Right to complain. You have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against our data protection and privacy practices
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise these rights, you may at any time directly contact us.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Privacy Statement or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at click here.
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes applicable data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority at any time. Which supervisory authority has competence for your complaint can depend on the country where you reside.
You may also contact our Kaspersky Lab EU representative: Kaspersky Labs GmbH, Ingolstadt, Despag-Strasse 3, 85055, Germany, email@example.com, +49 (0) 841 98 18 90